Lead Sales Associate-FT
Company: Dollar General Corporation
Posted on: January 26, 2023
Company Overview Dollar General Corporation has been delivering
value to shoppers for more than 80 years. Dollar General helps
shoppers Save time. Save money. Every day. by offering products
that are frequently used and replenished, such as food, snacks,
health and beauty aids, cleaning supplies, basic apparel,
housewares and seasonal items at everyday low prices in convenient
neighborhood locations. Dollar General operated 17,266 stores in 46
states as of February 26, 2021. Learn more about Dollar General at
. Job Details GENERAL SUMMARY: Function as a Cashier and/or Stocker
and act in a lead capacity in the absence of the Store Manager or
Assistant Store Manager. Assist in setting and maintaining
plan-o-grams and programs. Provide exemplary customer service.
Perform other duties as necessary to maximize profitability,
customer satisfaction, and teamwork, while protecting company
assets and reducing losses. DUTIES and ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS: *
Unload trucks according to the prescribed process for the
* Follow company work processes to receive, open and unpack cartons
* Stock merchandise; rotate and face merchandise on shelves and
build merchandise displays.
* Restock returned and recovered merchandise.
* Order zones and drop shipment categories, following prescribed
ordering practices, as assigned by the Store Manager.
* Assist in plan-o-gram implementation and maintenance.
* Assist customers by locating merchandise.
* Bail cardboard and take out trash; dust and mop store floors;
clean restroom and stockroom.
* Greet customers as they enter the store.
* Maintain register countertops and bags; implement register
* Operate cash register and flatbed scanner to itemize and total
customer's purchase; bag merchandise.
* Collect payment from customer and make change.
* Clean front end of store and help set up sidewalk displays.
* Help to maintain a clean, well-organized store and facilitate a
safe and secure working and shopping environment.
* Provide superior customer service leadership.
* Follow company policies and procedures as outlined in the
Standard Operating Procedures manual, Employee Handbook, and
* Open and/or close the store under specific direction of the Area
Manager. In the Absence of the Store Manager or Assistant Store
Manager: * Authorize and sign for refunds and overrides; count
register; make bank deposits.
* Assist in maintaining strict cashier accountability, key control,
and adherence to company security practices and cash control
* Monitor cash levels and make appropriate drawer pulls as directed
by the Store Manager.
* Monitor cameras for unusual activities (customers and employees),
* Supply cashiers with change when needed.
* Complete all required paperwork and documentation according to
guidelines and deadlines as assigned. Qualifications KNOWLEDGE and
SKILLS: * Ability to perform mathematical calculations such as
addition, subtraction, multiplication, division, and
* Knowledge of cash handling procedures including cashier
accountability and deposit control.
* Ability to perform IBM cash register functions.
* Knowledge of cash, facility and safety control policies and
* Effective interpersonal and oral & written communication
* Understanding of safety policies and practices.
* Ability to read and follow plan-o-gram and merchandise
presentation guidance. WORK EXPERIENCE and/or EDUCATION: * High
school diploma or equivalent and six months of supervisory
experience (or related experience/training) preferred. WORKING
CONDITIONS * Frequent walking and standing
* Frequent bending, stooping, and kneeling to run check out
station, stock merchandise and unload trucks; which may also
require the ability to push and/or pull rolltainers for stocking
* Frequent handling of merchandise and equipment such as handheld
scanners, pricing guns, box cutters, merchandise containers,
two-wheel dollies, U-boats (six-wheel carts), and rolltainers
* Frequent and proper lifting of up to 40 pounds; occasional
lifting of up to 55 pounds
* Occasional climbing (using step ladder) up to heights of six
* Fast-paced environment; moderate noise level
* Occasional exposure to outside weather conditions
* Occasional or regular driving/providing own transportation to
make bank deposits, attend management meetings and travel to other
Dollar General stores. Relocation assistance is not available for
this position. Dollar General Corporation is an equal opportunity
Keywords: Dollar General Corporation, Bloomington , Lead Sales Associate-FT, Other , Washington, Indiana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!