Personal Banker - Bloomington
Company: German American Bancorp
Posted on: August 12, 2019
Job Title: Personal Banker - Bloomington, INAbout Us:German
American Bancorp and its family of financial services companies
employ talented, compassionate people throughout the organization,
truly making German American special. Delivering genuine,
customized, personal service with a focus on truly serving
customers and communities well, our employees bring the Shield of
Excellence commitment to life with each and every
interaction.Summary of Duties:Provides quality customer service by
greeting customers and ascertaining needs. Advise customers in
their selection of various accounts and financial services. Duties
include opening, maintaining and closing of all account types,
processing deposit and loan transactions as needed, solving more
complex customer problems, achieving personal and office sales and
service goals, cross selling and referring business to other areas,
onboarding new customers, and possibly taking simple consumer loan
applications.Primary Responsibilities and Job Functions:
- Provides exceptional customer service by greeting customers and
assessing customer needs. Answer questions regarding Bank products
and services. Opens new deposit accounts. Manages customer
portfolio, services relationships and cross sells appropriate
products and services to meet customer needs, assuring customer
satisfaction, and achieving personal and office sales goals.
- Sells retail banking products and services to customers and
prospects. May accept loan applications.
- Responsible for direct participation in the achievement of
personal and office sales goals.
- May perform Customer Service Specialist duties as required
including operating a window when customer volume
- May balance and replenish ATM cash.
- Develops and maintains relationships with banking partners to
maximize sales opportunities and achieve minimum sales
- Makes appropriate customer referrals to other Bank functional
areas such as Lending, Insurance, and Financial Services.
- Effectively handles more complex customer problems and
inquiries as well as ensuring that resolution and follow-up are
completed in an accurate and timely matter.
- Controls risk to the Bank. Adheres to prescribed security
controls to protect the staff and facility against criminal
activity and fraudulent operations.
- May perform safe deposit box operations such as opening new
accounts, allowing customers access to their boxes, account
maintenance, reporting, collections, and key control.
- May perform Financial Center Supervisor/Manager duties as
required. Provides customers with knowledgeable information
regarding bank products and services and cross sells.
- May perform vault teller duties as needed including cash
shipments, maintaining limits, cash buys and sells, and balancing
- Participates in the general upkeep and appearance of the
- Acquires and retains knowledge in applicable regulatory
requirements including Currency Transaction, Reporting (CTR's),
Suspicious Activity Reporting (SAR's ), Regulations CC, DD,
Responsible for adhering to compliance laws, regulations, and
established Bank policies and procedures, including Bank Secrecy
Act and Anti-Money Laundering.
- Approves check cashing within established guidelines.
- Performs additional responsibilities as required or
This position will be located at:Bloomington South College
Indy Star. Category: , Keywords: Personal Banker
Keywords: German American Bancorp, Bloomington , Personal Banker - Bloomington, Other , Bloomington, Indiana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!