Field Surveyor / Party Chief
Company: DLZ Corporation
Posted on: February 22, 2021
Our full range of services is available through each DLZ office.
View the map to see all of our locations. DLZ works with various
organizations across a wide range of industries. We'd love to learn
more about your project. DLZ Corporation is an award-winning
architecture and engineering firm serving public and private
entities across the nation. As a multidisciplinary firm, DLZ
provides engineering and architectural design services,
construction management, surveying, right-of-way acquisition and
materials testing. In 2016, DLZ was named Design Firm of the Year
by Engineering News-Record (ENR) Midwest . In addition, DLZ is
consistently ranked as one of ENR's Top 150 U.S. Design Firms. Our
growth is a testament to the quality of our work and the
satisfaction of our clients.
Our mission is to build on our reputation for excellence by
becoming the preferred architectural, engineering, and
environmental firm . We focus on meeting and exceeding our clients'
expectations and are known for our competence, integrity, and
contributions to the people and communities we service and in which
we live. Job Description DLZ Corporation currently has Field
Surveyor / Party Chief --opening in Columbus, Ohio.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Conduct field surveys, including topographic, boundary, and
utility, to determine the locations of natural features and
man-made structures on the Earth's surface, underground, and
underwater and their relationships to right-of-way and boundary
- Lay out grids, determining horizontal and vertical controls;
prepare survey sites and remove necessary obstacles, including
debris, brush, tree limbs, etc. to perform the survey.
- Operate survey instruments such as robotic total stations, data
collectors, laser scanners, GPS, and other standard survey
equipment to collect field data.
- Interpret construction plans, perform necessary calculations in
the field, and perform construction layout.
- Create legible and accurate field notes.
- Upload/Download data files and photographs.
- Set up, maintain, and operate all field survey equipment,
vehicles and supplies.
- Perform all work in a safe and responsible manner in accordance
with the Health and Safety Plan.
- Possess aptitude to act as a positive representative of the
company and its core values.
- Perform other duties as assigned. Job Requirements:
- High School Graduate or equivalent required, Associates Degree
or higher in Surveying & Mapping, Civil Technology, or Civil
- Survey experience with construction experience preferred.
- Prefer experience with Trimble Robotic Total Stations, laser
scanners, GPS, and Data Collectors.
- Ability to review and understand civil construction and
architectural plans and specifications.
- Must be able perform basic mathematical and trigonometric
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to effectively
communicate with clients, property owners, and coworkers.
- Ohio Professional Surveyor's (PS) license or the ability to
obtain license preferred, but not required.
- Must have or be able to obtain OSHA 10 Hour Construction Safety
- Available to work overtime as needed with frequent travel and
- Willingness to work in all weather conditions.
- Must have a valid driver's license with an insurable driving
record. Must have satisfactory drug test and comply with Ohio
Bureau of Workers Compensations Drug Test policy.
- Ability to visit and safely traverse construction and project
sites and comply with all applicable safety codes and requirements.
DLZ At DLZ we offer an excellent benefit package including health,
dental, vision and life insurance, medical and dependent care
flexible spending accounts, health savings account, and 401(k) with
an Employee Stock Ownership Program. We also offer an innovative
wellness program including gym reimbursement! DLZ is an Equal
Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. DLZ fully supports and
maintains compliance with all state, federal, and local
regulations. All qualified applications will receive consideration
for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual
orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability,
marital status, protected veteran status, genetic information, or
any other category protected by federal, state, and local laws.
Sorry the Share function is not working properly at this moment.
Please refresh the page and try again later.
Keywords: DLZ Corporation, Bloomington , Field Surveyor / Party Chief, Professions , Columbus, Indiana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!