Production Associate - Part Time
Company: Midway Products Group
Location: North Vernon
Posted on: November 23, 2021
1st & 2nd ShiftPOSITION SUMMARY:Under the supervision of the
Team Leader and/or Area Manager, is responsible for the proper
training and safe, timely, and efficient operation of the general
production equipment, which may include large and small punch
presses, welders, assembly equipment.ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Keeps work area clean, neat, orderly, and posses good
housekeeping techniques. -
- Produces quality parts which meet all customer requirements and
authorized to cease production if parts do not meet quality
standards and notifies supervisor for instructions. -
- Performs all set up functions as required.
- Involved in process improvement teams working with parts.
- Follows the operator instruction sheets as specified, unless
otherwise instructed by a team leader and/or manager.
- Adheres to all safety regulations and report any safety
concerns to the team leader and/or manager. - - - - -
- Reports all mis-hits to team leader and/or manager.
- Notifies the team leader and/or manager at the half way point
of the last part so that the last piece inspection can be
performed. - -
- Completes all paperwork accurately. This includes tags, uptime
reports, set up checks lists, production reports, etc. - - -
- Ensures that last piece samples have been submitted before
starting the next order.
- Ensures that all containers are clean of old tags, cardboard,
and other parts before they are usedVerifies the proper use of
standard packs when they are set up for work orders.Trains new
associates as directed by manager.
- Verifies the proper use of standard packs when they are set up
for work orders.
- Trains new associates as directed by Manager.
- Studies the SPC charts to help identify process problems.
- Follows the \u0022first-in, first-out"system of using raw
- Perform other essential functions as assignedJOB QUALIFICATION
REQUIREMENTS:Training and experience: Prefer high school diploma or
the equivalent. Experience as a production associate is
preferred.MAJOR PHYSICAL AND MENTAL REQUIREMENTS:Employee must be
able to stand on the concrete floor for the duration of work shift,
walk, push, pull, reach overhead, bend to floor, and use arms and
hands. - Visual precision is needed for visually inspecting parts
for quality at production equipment speed, and for reading
documents, machine gauges, and precision measuring
equipment.WORKING CONDITIONS:Employee will work in a stamping
plant. - Hazards may result from loud noises from operating
equipment, physical dangers associated with moving equipment and
machine parts, breathing of fumes and dust, and skin exposure to
oils and other fluids.PRODUCTION ASSOCIATE:Employee must be able to
exert up to 40 pounds of force occasionally, and repetitively lift
up to 35 pounds from and to a height of 10-56 inches for the work
shift.TRAILER HITCH ASSOCIATE:Employee must be able to lift up to
60 pounds from and to a height of 10-56 inches up to one time a
minute for the work shift.CONTAINMENT AREA:Employee must be able to
exert up to 40 pounds of force repetitively from and to a height of
10-56 inches up to four times a minute for the work shift. - Must
be able to exert up to 55 pounds of force occasionally, from and to
a height of 10-56 inches.Employees may be hired to work in a
specific area, however, all employees are expected to be able to
work in all production areas in order to promote productivity,
quality & safety.Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected
Veterans/Individuals with DisabilitiesThe contractor will not
discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or
applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or
disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or
applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation
information of other employees or applicants as a part of their
essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees
or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to
compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response
to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an
investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an
investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the
contractor's legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR
Keywords: Midway Products Group, Bloomington , Production Associate - Part Time, Professions , North Vernon, Indiana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!