Maintenance Technician I, Full-Time
Company: The Scion Group
Posted on: January 16, 2022
We're hiring immediately!Your OpportunityAt The Scion Group,
we're changing what student housing means. It's bigger than beds
and buildings. It's about providing unique experiences and creating
communities - both on and off campus - that feel like less like a
place and more like a home.We are seeking a Maintenance Technician
I to provide a customer-centric focus to maintenance and repair
services for an assigned property, including responding to service
requests, carrying out preventive maintenance tasks, preparing
apartments at turnovers, and requesting the required parts and
supplies. Services may include but are not limited to repair and
replacement of various building's components i.e. plumbing,
appliances and furniture; HVAC, light carpentry, painting and
electric work.Serves in an "on-call" capacity, except during
approved PTO periods.Your Benefits
- FLSA Status Non-Exempt
- Discretionary annual bonus
- Paid Time Off
- Health Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- 401k Matching
- Paid Maternity LeaveKey attributes in our next team member
- Customer-Centric Attitude
- Interpersonal Savvy
- Motivator The Day to DayThe activities listed below are not all
inclusive. However, they are indicative of the type of activities
normally performed by the Maintenance Technician I.
- Demonstrates proficiency in Entrata and CMMS systems for
logging of service requests and completed work in a timely
- Maintains the physical condition of the property according to
The Scion Group's Standard Operating Procedures, OSHA and Industry
standards. Performs physically demanding work to maintain the
asset, and other property features to minimize liability
- Coordinates maintenance objectives and daily assignments with
the Maintenance Supervisor.
- Diagnoses and performs minor and routine maintenance/repair in
a timely and professional manner. Assures all service requests are
- Documents work performed, parts used, and submits daily upon
completion, including legible notes on what was done, the supplies
used, further follow up and materials needed, date and signature of
- Inspects vacated apartments and records necessary repairs and
maintenance. Informs the Maintenance Supervisor of needed services
- Routinely performs duties including basic appliance repair,
general carpentry, plumbing/fixture repair, painting, and basic
electric & lighting to make apartments ready on a timely
- Routinely inspects interior common areas and the exterior of
the property. Ensures daily upkeep of all common areas with company
standards, and all the light fixtures are in working order.
- Completes preventive maintenance tasks on all equipment and
operating systems. Inspects units and common areas for fire
extinguishers, smoke alarms, CO2 alarms, filter changes, active
utilities, and any work needed.
- Cleans coils and condensers, lubricates equipment, maintains
air filters and performs minor repair work as assigned. Performs
routine clean up at repair location or in maintenance shop. Keeps
working area clean and safe.
- Maintains parts and supplies inventory, as authorized. Cleans
and organizes the workshop, storerooms, boiler rooms, and utility
rooms. Performs proper maintenance of equipment to ensure warranty
compliance and extended useful life.
- May be assigned to unlock apartment doors and
accompanies/escorts various vendors as needed.
- Keeps drainage grills on grounds clear of leaves.
- Cleans pools, adjusts and maintains chemicals to proper levels,
- Pressure washes sidewalks, buildings, pool decks etc.
- Assists in snow removal at property, as required.
- Assumes responsibility for after hour emergencies at the
direction of the supervisor.
- Maintains required property uniform and presents a professional
appearance and attitude.
- Uses appropriate tools and equipment.
- Undertakes training related to job duties as deemed necessary
- High School or Trade School diploma with minimum of 1-3 years
of full time general maintenance experience, or an equivalent
- Experience repairing and maintaining HVAC systems, including
chillers, cooling towers, pumps, motors, air handlers,
automation/controls systems, and associated electrical systems
- HVAC certification preferred, but not required; good working
knowledge of HVAC required (Preference will be given to the
applicants with certification).
- EPA 608 certification Core & Type I preferred.
- The Certified Pool Operator (CPO) preferred.
- OSHA Training preferred (mold remediation, asbestos abatement,
lead paint removal, fire safety & evacuation, personal protective
equipment, fall protection, lock out/tag out, hot work, blood borne
pathogens, ladder safety, electrical safety, hazard communication
(SDS), back safety, environmental health and safety. Training must
be completed within three months of employment.
- Must be capable of clearly and effectively communicating
information around work orders, reading instructions and warranties
both verbally and in writing.
- Knowledge of key management and security systems
- Knowledge of safety procedures with a safety conscious
attitude, record of punctuality and dependability, ability to work
with pressure of aggressive deadlines, and flexible schedule to
accommodate after hour and weekend emergencies.
- Possesses valid driver's license.
- Demonstrated ability to access computer programs and use or
learn basic computer operations related to position requirements
required i.e. Entrata, CMMS, Building Automation system & Digital
- Demonstrates a sensitivity and understanding of the diverse
population of residents and employees. Follows the company's
non-harassment and inclusion policies.
- Maintains professional appearance and demeanor.
- Ability to work after office hours, per the on-call rotation
- Ability and willingness to travel if and when required. Working
Environment and Physical Demands:Extensive mobility including the
ability to lift 100 lbs. as necessary, as well as ability to kneel,
crouch, crawl and climb to reach items in need of repairMust be
able to stand for long periods of time (8 hours or more per day) to
perform the following physical activities: bending, climbing step
ladders, lifting, carrying, grasping, gripping, turning, reaching
above shoulders, pushing and pulling, climbing stairs; stooping and
squat kneel.The Scion Group LLC provides equal employment
opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment
without regard to race, religion, creed, national origin, color,
gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression,
age, physical or mental disability (as long as the
employee/applicant is otherwise qualified for the job with or
without a reasonable accommodation), genetic information, HIV/AIDS
status, marital status, uniformed service, veteran status,
pregnancy or other legally protected status or category under
federal or state law. The Scion Group LLC complies with applicable
state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in
all locations in which the Company has properties. This policy
applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including
hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall,
transfers, leaves of absence, compensation, training and other
terms and conditions of employment. The Scion Group LLC is
committed to the principles of equal employment opportunities.IND2
Keywords: The Scion Group, Bloomington , Maintenance Technician I, Full-Time, Professions , Bloomington, Indiana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!