Company: SGS North America
Posted on: September 20, 2022
Company Description -SGS is the world's leading inspection,
verification, testing and certification company. SGS is recognized
as the global benchmark for quality and integrity. With more than
89,000 employees, SGS operates a network of over 2,600 offices and
laboratories around the world.Job Description -The Senior
Technician performs a variety of complex testing and analysis and
analyzes the most complex technical problems and occasionally
delivers solutions where precedent may not exist. They set up and
execute tests and monitor, document and report the test results.
- Performs a variety of complex tests to confirm if the product
(part or set of components) performs their proposed functions in a
satisfactory manner. Depending on Laboratory, assembles and runs
test circuits, or reviews parts and performs applicable tests:
calibration testing, or catalyst, or durability, or vibrations, or
thermal, or noise level, or emissions, or pressure testing, or
other as required.
- Often uses statistical methods to identify recurring problems
and give detailed reports on defects.
- Installs and sets up test articles, fixtures, test equipment,
instrumentation and controls.
- May perform calibration and assemble test equipment prior to
- Performs testing and records results, communicates results to
an Engineer, or to a Supervisor, as required.
- Acts as a resource for colleagues with less experience, guides
junior team members.
- May act as a lead, coordinating and facilitating the work of
others but is not a supervisor.
- Proposes improvements to processes.
- Follows all company Health, Safety and Environmental policies
- Follows Quality protocols and reports discrepancies to the
- May perform maintenance of equipment as assigned.
- Maintains a clean working environment.
- Increases technical knowledge, completes assignments and
maintains passing scores for curriculum outlined in the Laboratory
Test Technician Training Plan for Level 5.
- Adheres to internal standards, policies and procedures.
- Performs other duties as assigned.Qualifications -Education and
- Associate degree in Engineering Technology or related field
- 8+ years of experience, demonstrating engineering aptitude
- Completed Laboratory Test Technician Training Level 4 with
satisfactory or above rating (Required)
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering Technology or related field in
combination with experience outlined above (Preferred)
- Extensive experience in Testing Laboratory (Preferred)Licenses
- Certification in Automotive Technology (Automotive Service
Excellence (ASE)), or Certified Electrician, or certification by
Testing Technician Certification Institute (Preferred)Knowledge,
Skills and Abilities
- Language Skills: English Intermediate level (Required)
- Mathematical Skills: Basic skills (Required)
- Reasoning Skills/Abilities: Advanced level required, uses
logical and practical approach to solve problems (Required)
- Has advanced and specialized expertise, typically developed
through a combination of job-related training and considerable work
- Ability to communicate clearly, verbally and in writing
- Understands engineering concepts and creates setups for
practical application to work on test equipment (Required)
- Acute attention to detail with a focus on improvement
- Ability to apply standard operating procedures and/or
scientific methods to perform work (Required)
- Ability to follow instructions, working in a dynamic
environment and performing at a high level (Required)
- Ability to work independently and under moderate supervision
- Team player attitude (Required)Computer Skills
- MS Office (Word, Excel) - intermediate user proficiency
(Required)Physical Demands of the Job
- Move or traverse:
- Use hands:
- Reach with hands and arms:
- Climb or balance:
- Stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl:
- Lift/carry/push or pull: Frequently 50 lbsAdditional
Information -SGS is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and as such we
recruit, hire, train, and promote persons in all job
classifications without regard to race, color, religion, sex,
national origin, disability, age, marital status, sexual
orientation, gender identity or expression, genetics, status as a
protected veteran, or any other characteristics protected by law.
-To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to
perform each essential duty satisfactorily with or without
reasonable accommodations. The requirements listed above are
representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required.
-This job description should not be construed as an exhaustive
statement of duties, responsibilities or requirements, but a
general description of the job. Nothing contained herein restricts
the company's rights to assign or reassign duties and
responsibilities to this job at any time. - -If you are applying
for a position within the United States and you have difficulty
completing the on-line employment application because of a
disability, please call 201-508-3149 for assistance and leave a
message. You will receive a call back. - -Please note, this phone
number is not for general employment information, but is only for
individuals who are experiencing difficulty applying for a position
due to a disability.
Keywords: SGS North America, Bloomington , Senior Technician, Professions , Columbus, Indiana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!