Company: Mainstream Fiber Networks
Posted on: September 23, 2022
About Mainstream Fiber, LLC:Mainstream Fiber Networks is a
homegrown Hoosier company dedicated to helping customers like you
connect to a better life - at work, at home, or at play. Our
mission is to provide fast, reliable, fiber optic internet to
underserved areas across the Midwest.Mainstream is founded on
loyalty, community, customer service, commitment, and family. I
feel honored to be a part of this journey and look forward to
providing the internet connection you deserve.Thank you,Bryan
GabrielCEO, Mainstream Fiber NetworksSummary:The role of Outside
Plant Construction Laborer is responsible for all tasks associated
with construction projects such as prepare sites by cleaning,
loading or unloading materials, and removing hazards as needed. A
OSP Laborer will also be responsible for operating equipment as
well as assisting in traffic control while crew members are
working.Salary & Pay Range:Dayshift Schedule; $18/hr. + depending
on experience Role and Responsibilities:
- Assists construction crew members with successful completion of
- Assists in maintaining proper inventory on vehicle based on
- Ability to assist in pulling out cable lines and other
equipment used in installing cable wires
- Install equipment and using assorted small hand and power
- Operate vehicle and bucket lift safely, following all safety
and traffic regulations
- Basic daily maintenance of Company vehicle including fluids
check, cleanliness vehicle organization
- Assist in directing traffic flow in accordance with local and
state DOT guidelines
- Operate and care for construction equipment and machines.
- Help equipment operators, carpenters, and other skilled labor
- Prep construction sites by cleaning obstacles and hazards.
- Load or unload construction materials.
- Put together and take apart temporary structures, such as
- Remove, fill, or compact earth.
- Follow instructions from supervisors.
- Assist craft workers.
- Ready to learn from on-the-job training when necessary.
- Perform site clean-up
- Complete other tasks as assignedQualifications and Education
- High School Diploma, or equivalent education, required
- 1-2 years; experience in construction or similar role
- Must have an understanding of basic construction
- Must have ability to follow directions
- Must have the ability to operate manual and mechanical
equipment necessary to complete jobs
- Must have or able to obtain knowledge of "safety systems"
associated with aerial cable including set-up and emergency
- Must be able to drive an automatic transmission up to 21,000
- Excellent written and verbal communication skillsPreferred
- OSHA Certification, preferred
- CPR certification, preferred
- CDL License, preferred
- Must be comfortable with working outdoors
- 1-2 years' heavy equipment operationsAdditional Notes:
- This position may require being on call. Employee will respond
to emergency call between the hours of 5:00 p.m. to 8:00 a.m. This
position may require weekend work, night work and/or overnight
- Work is primarily preformed outdoors/field work
Keywords: Mainstream Fiber Networks, Bloomington , Construction Laborer, Professions , Nashville, Indiana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!