Construction Project Supv
Company: State of Indiana
Posted on: January 21, 2023
Construction Project Supv Date Posted: Jan 5, 2023 Requisition
ID: 417784 Location: Seymour, IN, US, 47274 Work for Indiana Grow
your career with the State of Indiana! With more than 50 executive
branch agencies, the State of Indiana is a diverse workforce
offering employees stimulating and challenging projects across a
broad scope of career opportunities. As a State of Indiana
employee, you impact the well-being of Indianas communities every
day.At the State of Indiana, we dont just talk about diversity and
inclusion Our goal is to create a welcoming, accessible, and
equitable workplace, with a workforce that is representative of the
State of Indiana population. As a proud equal opportunity employer,
reasonable accommodations may be available to enable individuals
with disabilities to interview and to perform the essential
functions of a role.This position is located in the Seymour
District Construction Department.Next Level benefits at the State
of Indiana are here! Be sure to review our expanded benefit package
offerings below. About the Indiana Department of Transportation:
The Indiana Department of Transportation (INDOT) provides a dynamic
workplace that serves Indiana citizens, improves our states quality
of life, and enhances its economic opportunity. INDOT has a number
of innovative programs and projects, including Public-Private
Partnerships, Green Initiatives, and cutting-edge uses of materials
and assets. As part of the State of Indiana, INDOT offers a
competitive total compensation package, as well as outstanding
work/life balance. Whether you are an established professional in
the transportation field or just starting your career, INDOT has
exciting and challenging opportunities for you. Salary: This
position traditionally starts at an annual salary of $53,222.00.
Salary for this position may be commensurate with education and job
experience. Location: The location of this position is INDOT
Seymour. About the Job: Provide construction engineering services
for project development and administration of construction
contracts. Perform constructability reviews, interpret, recommend
revisions, and ensure adherence to construction plans, contract
documents, and specifications. Direct sampling and testing of
construction materials. A Day in the Life:
- Ensures that both INDOT and contractor employees are performing
work in a safe manner. Supervises assigned INDOT construction
- Ensures projects are completed in accordance with plans,
specifications, and contract requirements as well as on-time and
- Performs sampling and testing of construction materials or
coordinates work of assigned technicians to do same.
- Attends construction status meetings.
- Provides clarifications as requested by contractors and
recommends revisions as needed to meet the scope of the
- Reviews working and shop drawings provided by contractors,
suppliers, and fabricators.
- Reviews construction schedules.
- Prepares inspection reports, progress reports, and other
construction records. Makes progress payments to the contractor for
work performed. Maintains all files related to project in an
orderly and usable manner. Reviews and approves daily field reports
prepared by assigned technicians.
- Prepares project specific responses to inquiries from local
public officials, news organizations and other interested parties
for the District Communications Director.
- Meets with property and business owners in the project area as
needed to resolve access, drainage, and other issues that may arise
- Assists with the training of technicians.
- Performs other related duties as assigned. What You'll Need for
- High School Graduate or equivalent required.
- Successful completion of HT academy coursework or equivalent
post-secondary education in a related field preferred.
- Three years of experience in construction contract inspection
preferred. One year of experience in construction contract
- Six months of experience in supervisory principles and
techniques or equivalent training.
- Broad knowledge in construction material sampling and testing
standards; and FHWA and INDOT test procedures pertaining to
- Ability to read and interpret highway and bridge plans and to
identify errors and omissions.
- Basic computer skill with Microsoft Office software (Outlook,
Word, Excel, Access).
- Ability to communicate effectively with staff, the public,
Contractors, Consultants, other Department sections both orally and
- Must possess a valid driver's license.
- Must have valid commercial driver's license (CDL) or ability to
obtain within 90 days.
- Required to submit to, and pass, a drug test as a condition of
employment. Supervisory Responsibilities/Direct Reports: This role
provides direct supervision for one or more staff members.Benefits
of Employment with the State of Indiana: The State of Indiana
offers a comprehensive benefit package for full-time employees
- Three (3) medical plan options (including RX coverage) as well
as vision and dental plans;
- Wellness program (offers premium discount for the medical plan
and gift cards);
- Health savings account, which includes bi-weekly state
- Flexible work scheduling options, including the potential for
hybrid remote work for employees whose work may be performed
outside state facilities;
- Deferred compensation 457B account (similar to 401k plan) with
- Two (2) fully-funded pension plan options;
- A robust, comprehensive program of leave policies covering a
variety of employee needs, including but not limited to:
- 150 hours of paid new parent leave;
- Up to 15 hours of paid community service leave;
- Combined 180 hours of paid vacation, personal, and sick leave
- 12 paid holidays, 14 on election years;
- Education Reimbursement Program;
- Group life insurance;
- Referral Bonus program;
- Employee assistance program that allows for covered behavioral
- Qualified employer for the Public Service Loan Forgiveness
- Free Parking for most positions;
- Free LinkedIn Learning access;Equal Employment Opportunity: The
State of Indiana is an Equal Opportunity EmployerCurrent Employee?
Keywords: State of Indiana, Bloomington , Construction Project Supv, Professions , Seymour, Indiana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!