Electrical Hardware Design Engineer
Company: Draper Labs
Posted on: May 25, 2023
Electrical Hardware Design Engineer
Draper is an independent, nonprofit research and development company headquartered in Cambridge, MA. The 1,800 employees of Draper tackle important national challenges with a promise of delivering successful and usable solutions. From military defense and space exploration to biomedical engineering, lives often depend on the solutions we provide. Our multidisciplinary teams of engineers and scientists work in a collaborative environment that inspires the cross-fertilization of ideas necessary for true innovation. For more information about Draper, visit www.draper.com. Our work is very important to us, but so is our life outside of work. Draper supports many programs to improve work-life balance including workplace flexibility, employee clubs ranging from photography to yoga, health and finance workshops, off site social events and discounts to local museums and cultural activities. If this specific job opportunity and the chance to work at a nationally renowned R&D innovation company appeals to you, apply now www.draper.com/careers. Equal Employment OpportunityDraper is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an affirmative action and equal opportunity employer. We understand the value of diversity and its impact on a high-performance culture. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, or genetic information. Draper is committed to providing access, equal opportunity and reasonable accommodation for individuals with disabilities in employment, its services, programs, and activities. To request reasonable accommodation, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Want to be part of our nation's highest national security priorities? The Engineering Operations department is seeking highly motivated mechanical engineers for our Odon, Indiana office, which is located just outside the Naval Surface Warfare Center Crane in Westgate@Crane. This office supports a growing technological ecosystem, boasting over sixty high-tech companies, a leading government lab, cutting-edge academic research, and over 5,000 technical professionals. The facility is situated just south of Bloomington, Indiana, rated by Livability in '21 as one of the top places to live in the U.S. As a team member, you will be on the ground floor as Draper builds out engineering capability to design next-generation strategic missile guidance and control systems that operate in hostile military and space environments, all while expanding our nation's preeminence in microelectronics for national security. You will be a key member of Draper's nationally distributed team, called upon by our government and academic partners to produce exquisite and robust solutions to some of our nation's most important technical challenges Responsibilities:
We are seeking an enthusiastic and well-rounded Junior Hardware Design Engineer for the Embedded Electronics Group. This is an electrical design engineering position that requires the ability to apply sound engineering and project management principles for the leadership and execution of complex board design projects within the Electronics Division.
The ideal candidate is someone who works well in cross-functional teams and has recent experience designing complex systems using state-of-the-art commercial off-the-shelf FGPAs, processors, or systems on a chip (SOCs). It is expected that this engineer can hit the ground running on complex PCB designs with limited oversight and learning curve.
* System architecture design and detailed documentation
* Detailed electrical analysis, design and schematic capture
* Manage PCB layout design resources
* Prototype bring up and debugging
* Functional verification
* Performance characterization
* BSEE, MSEE preferred
* 5+ years overall experience
* Great EE fundamentals
* Strong analysis and problem solving skills
* Required experience designing PCBs that integrate commercial state-of-the-art processors, FPGAs and systems on a chip (SOCs). Some examples may include Xilinx Virtex/Zync/Ultrascale, Microsemi Smartfusion/PolarFire, Intel Stratix 10 devices. * Experience with small embedded digital / analog systems, especially low power embedded processors (ARM, DSP, MCU, etc.) is also desirable.
* Experience with design of power distribution networks for state-of-the-art processors, FPGAs or SOCs. Simulation and verification of power distribution networks using tools such as Ansys SIwave.
* Design experience with high-speed communication and/or memory interfaces (i.e. PCIe, Ethernet, DDR3/4, Multi-gigabit Transceivers). The ability to develop layout guidelines, and verify the design and signal integrity using tools such as Hyperlinx prior to fabrication.
* Experience in the following areas is integral to the position: system integration, processor selection, analog circuit design (op-amps, filters), sensor design and integration, data acquisition, sampling and control theory, digital signal processing techniques and low power design, signal integrity, power integrity.
* System grounding/shielding and EMI mitigation techniques for complex sensor/actuator systems.
* Low-level understanding of programming languages such as C and VHDL is desirable in order to understand the basic functionality and operation of the FPGAs, SOCs or processors used on the design.
Applicants selected for this position will be required to obtain and maintain a government security clearance.
Candidate is expected to be local and capable of working onsite. Remote work may be periodically allowed based upon program needs. #LI-MM1#LI-hybrid
Connect With Draper for Future Opportunities!
If you don't find the right posting in our Career Opportunities, you may submit your resume for future consideration.
Keywords: Draper Labs, Bloomington , Electrical Hardware Design Engineer, Professions , Odon, Indiana
here to apply!