Member Service Representative
Company: DAVIESS-MARTIN COUNTY REMC
Posted on: January 15, 2022
Daviess-Martin County REMC is currently searching for a Member
Service Representative. -This position reports to the Director of
Billing, Member Services & Communications. -Daviess-Martin County
REMC is located in Loogootee, IN and has approximately 7,000
members. -The co-op also offers wages competitive with other co-ops
around the nation of a similar size, as measured by the NRECA
Compensation Survey.Candidates with experience in Member Services
in an electric cooperative are highly preferred, as are those with
experience in NISC IVUE.Responsibilities:
- Greet members, answer phone calls promptly and courteously.
-Ensure the member's issue is resolved by connecting them with the
proper co-worker if you cannot directly address their needs. Switch
phones to and from after-hours, as required.
- Process member applications for service and all changes to
members' master records. -These changes include creating new
accounts, disconnects, reconnects and transfers.
- Help members get energy assistance and remove all accounts that
have energy assistance from disconnect lists during the moratorium
- Assist with adding outage notes to CRC.
- Maintain tax exemption status. Send quarterly meter changes to
the state. -Scan all tax-exempt certificates to the IVUE Document
- Check credit histories, collecting deposits as required.
-Collect prior bad debt from members when they apply for new
services. -Apply security deposits to member final bills.
- Collect and process member funds. -Reconcile amounts paid with
the stubs and note differences. -Run checks through the remit
scanner and ensure scans are legible. -Run reports and provide to
the Director of Billing, Member Services and Communications daily.
-Prepare a spreadsheet to track payments without a corresponding
stub. -Maintain petty cash.
- Close out and balance cash register drawers daily. -Maintain
daily cash sheets.
- Make payment agreements with members. Record notes on IVUE for
payment arrangements, energy assistance, trustee pledges, etc. -Add
late penalties when necessary.
- Prepare monthly billing on REMC electric accounts. -Enter
security lights to be billed. -Assist in mailing of member bills.
-Prepare hand billings on REMC's own accounts. Check special
handling bills sent to the cooperative by NISC and mail to the
- Maintain a file on bankruptcies. -Check with the Director of
Billing, Member Services & Communications on any special
requirements based upon the bankruptcy.
- Prepare monthly list for new, reconnected and disconnected
- Verify disconnect list monthly.
- Assist with capital credit retirements and updating member's
capital credit master file.
- Implement tenant/landlord agreement.
- Other duties as assigned.Qualifications:
- Two years or more of electric cooperative member service
experience is preferred. -Preference will be given to those
candidates with the most comprehensive electric cooperative member
- Knowledge of the NISC IVUE system is highly preferred.
-Experience using Microsoft Office products is required.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, written and verbal
communication skills, electric cooperative billing knowledge, math
skills, decision-making and problem-solving skills, self-motivation
and the ability to work with minimal supervision are all
- Ability to maintain confidentiality is essential.About
Daviess-Martin County REMCDaviess-Martin County REMC is an electric
distribution cooperative with approximately 7,000 members,
headquartered in Loogootee, IN. Our facility is close to I-69 in
southwestern Indiana. Loogootee is 50 miles southwest of
Bloomington, IN, 20 miles north of Jasper, IN, 35 miles east of
Vincennes, IN and 28 miles west of Mitchell, IN. The beauty of
nature abounds in the area, surrounded by forests and lakes. Boggs
Park is within 5 miles of the town and has camping, hiking, boating
and fishing. The Glendale fish and wildlife park has one of the top
fishing lakes in the state and is also a great camping, hunting and
hiking area. Patoka Lake is 38 miles southeast of Loogootee and
Lake Monroe is 58 miles northeast. The Hoosier National Forest,
Brown County State Park and many other beautiful natural areas are
within minutes of our Headquarters facility. Area schools are solid
academically and are all rated very high for school safety. Our
area communities are safe, have traditional values, and are
Salary commensurate with qualifications.
Please send a cover letter, resume, 3 professional references and 1
personal reference by EOB January 28, 2022 to:
Jane Bahler-Hurt, GMDaviess-Martin County REMCP.O. Box
430Loogootee, IN -47553
Keywords: DAVIESS-MARTIN COUNTY REMC, Bloomington , Member Service Representative, Sales , Loogootee, Indiana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!